Monday, October 7, 2013

Acclimation

Some days my emotions feel like the swirling clouds: ever-grey, ever-morphing, ever-unsettled. I'm awake and sleep at the same time, talking and silent without a voice. A child laughing at a funeral, in innocent mirth, a girl homesick for an invisible house. It can't explained, and there are too many words to describe it. You know the feeling: two brothers stand side by side, but only one knows the kinship. The heavy burden of an unwanted secret that a person portioned off to you. When there are people all about you, but you feel lost in the wilderness. 

That's what this feeling is. 

And it's unsettling. 

1 comment:

  1. I understand that feeling......You put it out into words really well.

    *wraps arms around you* It'll be okay. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.