Friday, December 20, 2013

i will try and fix you

{i'd just like to say that i'm indebted to my sister for her crucial assistance in this post...without her, i'd still be sitting at my desk scratching my head and trying to come up with questions.}


 Interviewee: Matthew North
Age: 19
Gender: Male



how/when did you first meet Colton? Why did you become friends with him?

 I've known Colt since I was in middle-school, I think. Jonathon introduced us--they were in the same remedial English class. At first, he was closer to Jon...I thought he was an annoying jerk who flirted with any girl who was remotely pretty, but then we had to be partners on a science project and...we just suddenly became friends. It think it had something to do with the scorpions that he brought to class and then lost, and how I covered for him when the teacher started freaking out. We've been around each other constantly since then. 

 what are some of the things you draw?

 ...my drawings are personal. I don't talk about them to anyone. Not even Colt. 

 what's your favorite memory of you, Jonathon, and Colton together?

 last summer, before everything went crazy, Colt convinced Jonathon and me to go get our ears pierced--just for kicks, he said. We knew it would drive dad through the roof, and I think that's why we went along with him. I kept trying to back out of doing it, but my brother kept coming up with ridiculous scenarios of why I shouldn't leave. I hadn't laughed that hard in ages...it was also the last time I saw Jon really smile. 

 Outside of the US, where is the place you most way to go?

 Somewhere quiet. Preferably low population--the less people the better.

 Colt says I should go live on a desert island. Ha. He's hilarious.

...though that is kind of an interesting idea...


 what is your favorite thing to do with Sammy and Linds?

We don't do things together. She keeps her business to herself, and I take care of myself. We don't get along. At all.

Colt says that's rude of me. Oh well. 

what's your favorite kind of dessert?

 I'm not especially fond of sweet foods, but I do like the occasional piece of dark chocolate. 

what's your favorite band/song?

 currently, I listen to a lot of Coldplay, and I think I my favorite song from them is Clocks. 

 do you enjoy playing or watching any sports?

 Jon played soccer up until high school, but I never got into sports. I liked watching him play, but...now I don't. 

what is a book that you read, and it instantly became one of your favorites?

One book that's always particularly fascinated me was Till We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis. Also, Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card.  

Colt says my books are depressing. He's depressing. Or, his lack of intelligence is. I haven't decided which yet. 
 
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

A liar would say nothing--they're happy with how they are.
I wouldn't change a thing.  


 
I'm semi happy with this sketch...semi-happy...


 if you have any questions you'd like for Matt (or any of my other character, be they from the great ones and the general or not) leave them in the comments below!

Hope y'all have a fantastic Friday and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.