Monday, February 10, 2014

darling, just dance to the music

Are there people who don't like listening to music? If so, I don't think I've ever met one. Every person I've met, every friend I've made--one of the very first questions to come out of either of our mouths is: "What music do you like to listen to?" Sometimes people can be very generic with their response, saying, "Oh, I like contemporary," or "I like hip-hop," or "I like classical piano music," and then sometimes, you find that one person who gets a frustrated look on their face when posed with this question. "I like pretty much all kinds of music," they respond.

I'm that kind of person.


It's probably obvious by now, but music makes me really happy. My mood can change entirely depending on what music I'm listening to, and don't get me started on how sad I get the moment I realize that I forgot my headphones when I left home for the day. It just ain't pretty.

{my reaction to ^^above issue^^}
 
 waiiiiiiit....
 aww shoot.
and now I'm sad...forever...

It doesn't matter where I'm at, if I hear a song on the radio that I like, or if my favorite song comes on my iPod, I will smile like a goofball and have a little skip in my step--I might even start singing under my breath (too quiet for anyone to hear, of course...) Music just makes me happy. There's no other way to put it. I love to share music with others, and talking music to me is one of the things that I love most.


So let's talk music--what songs make you happy lately? Is there that one song that's always put a grin on your face, or do you have a new favorite song that you just can't listen to enough times? Tell me in the comments before--who knows, maybe I'll find a new favorite song with your help.

Here are a few songs from my "happy music" playlist: Enjoy!!










3 comments:

  1. Your taste in music is flawless oh my gosh.
    ok twenty one pilots is life. ohmygosh ohmygosh I'm obsessed with them<3 Paramore is great too. Flyleaf is my my favorite next to TOP<3
    I'm the same way about music. I just love it.
    Right now my favorite song is probably I Miss You-5 Seconds Of Summer cover. Also, Moment Of Truth by FM Static is my favorite and never fails to make me cry,
    God has been using the song Its All Good by Trip Lee as well. I have that song on repeat now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooh I love Flyleaf!! I went through a stage where I pretty much listened to nothing BUT Flyleaf...I kinda miss that stage... :) And TOP....ehehehehehehehe. Let's just say listening to pretty much nothing but him is a stage that is still ongoing... :D
      I haven't heard any of those songs you mentioned (though the FM Static song sounds super familiar) so I'll have to check them out!

      Delete
  2. I like this list! :) I do find it a bit ironic that you have Guns for Hands on a "happy music" list, I know musically it's a pretty happy sounding song but the topic is pretty serious and sad. But I do know how you feel ;)
    You asked for a few songs so here are a couple.
    You know Pogo always makes me smile - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5w6XI5lfdg
    This is more of comedy but it makes me happy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vJkilwkMs
    This is just awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xDf-_8KvGM
    It's just lovely - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URfmIy2bTBA
    Best rap ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6uEO_H2ylI
    *smiles* - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8DwYFIOHM

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.