Sunday, June 8, 2014

I request a leave of absence

so tomorrow is the start of an adventure. actually, my life is one entirely huge adventure--however, this is an adventure within an adventure...

and I'm rather excited.

you see, tomorrow, I leave for two weeks of camp. Two weeks of working with all sorts of kids from all sorts of backgrounds, two weeks being three hours away from home with no family or means of communication, two weeks spending a lot of time soaking in God's word...two weeks serving an awesome God.

and I can't wait.

but unfortunately, you know what these two weeks mean?

No blog posts.


And a week after I return, I'm leaving for vacation.

And two weeks after that, I leave for another week of camp.

So it's rather obvious I won't have much time. This blog is like a little piece of my mind, and I'm going to miss it a lot this summer when I'm gone...I will be taking pictures and writing a diary that I may or may not share when I get back.


I'm going to miss talking to you guys twice or three times a week. I'm going to miss pouring my brain and my heart out to y'all.

I'm going to miss it so much.

But I know God is going to do amazing things.

 for now, until I return...this is good-bye.

(actually, it's not my technical good-bye, because I'm doing my final Muzac Monday post of the summer tomorrow, but whatevs).

IDK why this gif feels accurate...it just does...

2 comments:

  1. *Waves bye-bye*
    You will be missed. And your talking about camp up there at the top helped me. I've been dreading going to work at mine (I leave in less than a week! Gaahhh!), and this has helped me to stay a bit more positive.
    Have a wonderful time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwhhhh I'm so sad to have to say goodbye and I will *so* miss you and reading your posts, but I'm also excited for you and your time as a camp counselor and on vacation. :) I just know you'll be such a blessing to all those children. ^_^

    I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your leave of absence -- and we all look forward to your return and hearing about your summer! :)

    God bless on all your adventures this summer! <3
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.