Monday, June 9, 2014

reminisce

I like reminiscing about things.

And oddly enough, one of the things I love reminisce the most about is anime.

yes, I am aware that I am weird.

I am not a huge anime watcher, but when I do watch, I watch. It may take me all of three days to finish the show or sometimes more like a year and a half or more, but I like to soak in every detail, glean every little bit of wisdom or thought that I can out of it, and just enjoy the anime. More often than not, I end up watching episodes repeatedly, just so I can get everything out of it. One portion is not enough, sometimes.

And, also oddly enough, the anime opening songs are some of the things that stick with me the most.

Trust me--ask my sister. I went around singing Again, from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for DAYS on end in my pathetic fake-Japanese. It was bad. Really bad. Thankfully we didn't have house guests or something that week...it would've ruined my reputation (oh, who am I kidding, I have no reputation...)

Aaaaanyhoo--I love anime's songs. I don't know why, but they wedge themselves into my memories, and at the oddest times, they'll come back to me and remind me of the anime and its awesomeness.

And thus, I would love to share a few of my favourites with ya'll. Because I'm that kind of a person.

First up is...dun da da dun...Again, from Fullmetal Alchemist (of course). This is by fair my ultimate favourite anime opening, and I literally cannot get enough of it. It makes me happy and sad at the same time...kinda like the anime itself, now that I think about it...


It's even cool enough to have an English cover...


Going back deep within my anime watching career (LOL), we encounter Bleach's opening song.

And I have no idea what its title is.

But it's awesome. And the music makes me think of the color orange. For good reason. The other day I figured out that Ichigo means strawberry and that's why Ichigo has naturally reddish hair and it kinda just blew my mind. Kablam.


My third song is from an anime that I love, but the song is just kinda...meh. Partially because its title is Kiss Kiss Fall in Love. Every time Mekana starts watching this anime I either start to mechanically exit the room or sing along unwillingly. Usually the later.


It also has an English version, though its coolness level is way lower than Again's...


Toradora's opening is one that gets stuck in my head. For. Freaking. Days. I have it stuck in my head right now as I'm writing it, and I haven't listened to it in days. Luckily, it's such a perky little song that I'll forgive it for wedging itself in my brain today.


Finally, we have the opening from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, about which I have talked in depth on here (the anime, not the song). I won't go into so much detail with this fun little song, but I will say that the lyrics just fit the anime perfectly. I love looking at the lyrics for these songs, because sometimes you get one that's totally random and has nothing to do with the show whatsoever, but then you get some songs that just mesh and I love that.



I hope you all have a great next two weeks!! Talk to you on the 21st!!

3 comments:

  1. Why did I never pay enough attention to the songs? I never notice these things till they are pointed out. I need to fix that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey, nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award here: http://randomofalife.blogspot.com/2014/06/wherein-i-receive-liebster-award.html

    Your thing with anime songs reminds me of how I find a favorite song and sing/play it over and over again. It drives my sister crazy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even watch many anime series but I feel exactly the same about opening/ending songs. That first Bleach op. is "Asterisk" by Orange Range - no wonder it makes you think of the color orange ;)

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.