Sunday, September 7, 2014

I really just don't like her, okay...

it's that time of the month again!! The Beautiful People peoples have done it again, and we have a brand-new bunch of questions to answer in the month of September. And you know what the cherry on top is? This month, we even have a fancy theme for this round of Beautiful People! Guess what the theme is?!

Viiiiiiiiillllllllaaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssssss...


*headdesks repeatedly*

I knew I was going to have issues with not having a distinct villain. Even though I kind of defined my type of villain/conflict here, I still don't have a go-to person when themes like this come up. This being said, it's a little frustrating. More than a little.

But I'm going to persevere through.

Why?

Because Beautiful People is worth it.

I thought about doing Matt for this month's questions because of how self-harmful he can be with his thoughts and words, but I'm kind of saving him for a special batch of questions, ones perfect for him and him alone. I also thought about doing Linds (HA!--she's like the complete opposite of a villain!) or Sam's dad, but I don't think he's developed enough for me to do that quite yet. So instead, I decided to go with my least favourite character that I've ever had the displeasure of writing.

Jade Carpenter.

To be honest, Jade is not a crucial part of this story. She's Sammy's aunt, she owns a failing inn in Perimont Village, and she was once Mrs. North's best friend in high school. She's also a jerk. Like, really. I hate her. A lot. There's a reason why I decided to start the story out with just Matt and bring Sam in later, and that reason is that I really really hate writing Jade. She's so harsh and rude to Sam and Linds without realizing what she's doing. She wants to help the girls, deep down underneath, but she goes about it in all the wrong ways. She's a clueless baddie in the worst way, and she makes me cringe every time she opens her mouth because I know she's going to do some harm, one way or another.


1. What is their motive?
to make my life miserable. Just kidding. I don't know what her motive is. To get rid of the girls, I guess, but to also keep them out of harm's way. Or to keep Sam from doing something stupid like running away. 

2. What do they want, and what are they prepared to do to get it?
She wants to keep Linds from growing up like her sister has: aloof, no friends, and tied to her past. She also wants Sam to just be normal for once. She tries so hard to be a mom figure for them, but she has no idea what she's doing and that backfires so much. 

3. How do they deal with conflict?
heh...they don't. The tension between Sam and Jade will simmer for days, then they'll have one giant spat and blow up everything (figuratively, of course) and then not talk to each other for the rest of the week. 

4. Describe their current place of residence.
Jade lives in a back apartment of her run-down inn--it's actually the nicest part of the building. She has a TV, a fridge, a couch the color of puce (not to be confused with puke, as Linds often is), and she is quite happy in her little hole. The girls...not so much. 

5. If they were writing this story, how would it end?
Sam would never leave. She'd never meet Matt and Colt, and she'd never run into her father again. Actually, that's not true. Sam would leave. But she'd leave Linds behind, because Jade is beyond the point of saving Sam from her history. She just wants Linds to be normal. 

6. What habits, speech patterns, etc. are unique to them?
Jade is a very tall woman, and she has this habit of leaning over people who are short than her that bothers the dickens out of Matthew (and me, indirectly. Seriously, tall people. Be nice.) She also runs her fingers through her hair a lot, making it messy and disheveled. 

7. How do they show love? What do they like to do with/for people they love?
once again...heh...they don't. The only person I imagine Jade loves is Linds, and even then, I've never seen her show it. 

8. Do they have any pets?
nope.

9. Where would they go to relax/think?
Jade likes to take a warm bath when she has to de-stress and mull over things; however, she is not a bubble bath person. Heavens no. 

10. What is their weapon of choice? (FYI: words, eyes/looks, and fists count as weapons, too.)
Words are definitely her weapons. She can make a biting remark faster than any villain could draw his sword, and she also knows how to give the worst judging looks. Sam is a voice of experience.

no more of that.

*shivers* there, that's over. No more talking about Jade. I can shove her back into the dark closet where she hides when I'm not writing her. Actually, a section heavy with her is coming up... *groans* But I also get to write a sassy conversation between her and Matthew. And I'm really looking forward to that.


Because there's nothing better than Matthew sass.

Nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, it's actually great to meet a villain that's just a plain ol' mean person, rather than someone out to rule the world! I like that Jade is just your normal, average, nasty person. I laughed at her not being a bubble-bath person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, you have a great writing style. Also lovely use of the gifs!!! I adore gifs! =D Your note about her leaning over people all the time bothers me too, although I don't know why.... Good job! I already don't like her!

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.