Saturday, October 25, 2014

nom nom books nom

I like book tags. They're fun, I get to talk about books that I love (or hate), and sometimes they please the creative side of me (which is, like, all of me, I guess.) Plus, any time I get tagged I feel an excited thrill--partially because that means I don't have to come up with the topic of my next blogpost on my own... So thank you so so much, Beth, for tagging me! Literally made my day!


while I read Beth's post, I couldn't keep myself from chuckling. The topics are so clever, because they combine book topics and chocolate. World-shaking, right? I thought so.

I should probably find myself some chocolate before I do this post...I'm actually salviating (it's been a long week, okay?) 
 
this is about the level of my thinking currently.


Dark Chocolate (a book that covers a dark topic): 



hmmm...probably Morpheus Road: The Light, by D.J. MacHale. Or This Present Darkness, by Frank Peritti. I liked both, but I enjoyed This Present Darkness more, probably because it's written from a Christian perspective about demons and angels. But if we're going by what scared me more...The Light has it, hands down. BERHLUD EVERYWHERES. And creepy things that draw on bathroom mirrors. Call me crazy, but that freaks me out.


White Chocolate (a light and humorous read):


So Not Happening, by Jenny B. Jones. All three books in this series are fluffy, funny, and completely nuts, but I love them all the same. I have this thing for sassy characters, okay? And Bella wins at being sassy. They're also one of the few stereotypical "girly" books that I found myself laughing at (in a good way), so if you're looking for some crazy hijinks with a little bit of faith thrown in, these are perfect for ya.


Milk Chocolate (a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read):

I actually don't have one right now. Shocker, I know. But my to-read pile is already sky-high and the librarians probably want me to return the 30+ books I have stored up soon or they might come to my house and murder me in my sleep. And I like keeping librarians happy, don't you? So I'm staying faithful to my books, keeping my eyes away from any pretty new covers or such, and focusing on making that pile get smaller and smaller. Unfortunately, with all the work/studying/writing I've been doing, reading hasn't been much of a priority. I'm kinda sad about that.


Caramel-filled Chocolate (a book that makes you feel all gooey inside):

Life in Outer Space, by Melissa Keil. I can't get over that book. It's on my Christmas list already. You can see me gush over it at this post here. I just love it and the squishy sad feelings it gave me. I need to get it back from my sister; she may or may not have stolen it from me and not returned it yet (another reason the librarians might break into my house to kill me).


Wafer-less Kit-Kat (a book that surprised you):


We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart. I didn't think the ending would surprise me that much. I got caught completely by surprise, and that's a good thing. It also might've gotten me really close to tears, so that's surprising. Not many books can do that to me. I really want to talk more about this book, because I really really loved it, but I also don't want to spoil it...let's just leave it at that it blew my mind and broke my heart. Wouldn't recommend reading it if you are triggered easily or don't like heavier subjects. But seriously--the writing is so poetic. I can't handle it.


Snickers (a book you're going nuts about):


Trial by Fire, by Josephine Angelini. Oh my gersh, this book. I love it so much. The Salem witch trials is one of my favourite periods in time, and the way that setting has been twisted into something that's modern but also set in a fantasy world...holy cow. This book has it all, and I am amazed at how brilliantly the author wove the worlds together (quite literally, actually...I shouldn't make jokes that aren't funny. Sorry). But seriously: this is a really good book. Can't wait for the next one to come out.


Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows (a book you turn to for comfort):


The Leviathan trilogy, by Scott Westerfeld! I'm actually getting ready to reread book one this afternoon; it's been a long week, and I'm all tuckered out. Hopefully, getting back together with my old friends Deryn and Alek will help me chillax and enjoy the weekend. Also, Bovril. If you're thinking of reading these books...do it for Bovril. I want a perspicacious loris sooooooo much... And a whaleship. Is that too much to ask for?

plus just LOOK at this art... *drools*
imma bout to fangirl. sorry.






these are like my favourite thing okay I'm done.

A Box of Chocolates (a series you feel has something for everyone):

*wants to say the Leviathan trilogy but practices self-control*  

I don't know if there's such a series. Books that fit every person are hard to find, because there are so many different kinds of readers out there. But if I could choose an easy one that might work in a pinch, I'd say The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis. These books were kind of like childhood "fairy tales" for me and my siblings, and they're part of what inspired me to write. I think any person would enjoy reading them--whether it's for their story matter or their spiritual matter. They're just fantastic. 

 my mom is amazing. Made chocolate for dessert and didn't even know I was writing this post before lunch. She must be physic to my cravings or something.


I'm not  going to challenge anyone directly,but if you want to do this tag, go for it! link your answers in the comments so I can check them out!


Have a fantastic weekend, guys! And here's a song that's kinda about chocolate that I like. Or at least, its name has chocolate in it... 


 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not super into typical teenage girl books either, but "So Not Happening" was GREAT! I laughed so hard when I read these books! Now I want to read them again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read and love the Leviathan books. This makes me happy. You have no idea. I thought I was alone. Those books are sadly underrated. Now I want to reread them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Life in Outer Space right now and am loving it! We Were Liars was such a sad and beautiful book. So. Many. Feels. Also it's official, I need to read the Leviathan series as soon as humanly possible.

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do, you do!!! every person on the planet should read the Leviathan series at least once, in my humble opinion. :D

      Delete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.