Thursday, May 21, 2015

for reals

I'm back.

I swear.

Seriously, I think I need someone to sit me down in front of my laptop and hold a gun to my head while I type out blogposts habitually. It's becoming an issue. The sad thing is: I have time. I have loads and loads and loads of time. On average, I've slept in til 9 everyday this week. I take a nap pretty much everyday. And don't ask me how many books/tv shows I've watched since finals.

I'm doing better, health-wise (but just wait--since I mentioned it, I'm going to have six flare days in a row). I've finally been diagnosed with problem numero dos: I have Benign Joint Hypermobility Syndrome, aka BJHS. In a nutshell, I have a genetic defect in my collagen, which is what keeps my ligaments in working order. Everybody starts out pretty flexible when they're little, but as they get older, that stretchiness goes away. Me, on the other hand...

so my joints are all out of whack because of this weird collagen disorder. Why? Because they don't have the support they need, and my muscles, nerves, and bones have to take up the slack.

Hence the pain.

I'm on pain meds, but I still have flare days where my back clenches up and hurts like nothing else. I've started doing light excercise to help build up the muscles that are overworked, and we're looking into physical therapy as well. I still wear my braces every now and then, but some days they do more harm than help.

But over all, I'm very happy with how I'm doing. I feel more alive than I have in three months. I actually have a brain. I rode the bike 6 miles yesterday and I feel muscle sore today, not BJHS sore. And it's a great feeling.

so what have I been up to in the two weeks since school got out? Mainly, I've been busy reorganizing my room and going to graduation things. I spent a weekend in Kansas, hanging out with my good friend Katrina and my other best friends.









I've been exploring a lot of music lately too. I don't want to go too deep into what I've been into lately, since I'm planning on a music post within the next few days (there. it's in print. i have to do it now), but here are a few of my new favourites.
*one f-word and a little bit of blood, fyi)




...don't judge. I spend a lot of time of Pinterest. So here's 5&5--my likes and pins.












yeah. I have a problem.

writing hasn't been as much of a focus as it really should be right now, but hey--I like sleeping. My plan for next week is to start writing seriously...but that's also been something I've told myself every week since I got out of school.

yup. I'm one of those people.

what have you all been up to? Did you like the new Avengers movie? Gotten into any good bands recently? What's your current favourite book? I've love to chat with you lovely people--I miss y'all. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Hey I'm so one of those people too. I've probably done 1 and a half productive things since I got home from college. >.< I haven't seen the new Avengers movie yet but I am looking forward to it SO. MUCH.

    I love your room (maps and owls. yes) and you're done reorganizing which is a few steps ahead of me ;) As I said, procrastinating. It's a full-time job. I love Shinee's new song too! *grins* that part where Jonghyun completely rocks the highest part of the song. Oh my gosh. It's so catchy. And for books...I've mainly being gobbling up all the Percy Jackson books, I've even started into the Heroes of Olympus series. And I've been loving it a lot more than I thought I would hehe.

    I'm so glad you're feeling better! I hope you keep feeling good :) <3 And hey, I'm counting on that regular posting now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think one of your pintrest posts finially explains why you were so sarcastic towards me this semsester but makes it kinda creepy Chris was. Lol jkjk. Why did you have to commit to posting regularly now I got to keep up since you got me onto blogging. Get feeling better home scout you got to lead the group next semester without me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Happy by Nevershoutnever<3

    Also your room is adorable and you have a great movie collection.

    I hope you get to write more next week! I love your writing. seriously you are a very talented human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasps* The Marvel/Tangled pin! I love it!

    Age of Ultron was awesome. I wasn't on the Bruce/Natasha ship.But that's okay. The twins were great!

    I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    And I love the owl in your bed room.

    I've been reading One by Leigh Ann Kopans. It's pretty good so far.

    Keep writing! Your characters are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I didn't like the Bruce/Natasha ship either. I was okay with my Clintasha being snatched away from me, because Clint's family is adorable, but I don't need Avengers romantic drama in my life. That just doesn't make sense.

      Delete
  5. haha that Orange Marmalade post...

    I love your room! I really love hanging string lights, I need to get some for my dorm room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol isn't Orange Marmalade interesting? I didn't enjoy the webtoon much, but I think I like the show. Waiting for Jaerim to calm down and quit being so volatile tho... :P

      Delete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.