Sunday, August 16, 2015

week by week #4 // summer is ending and I'm okay with that

it's too quiet in my house.

me and the dogs are holding down the fort this afternoon. mom is out, bro and his family left for KC, and I'm sitting on the couch aggressively eating ice cream because I'm bored and the silence is making me sleepy.

and if I sleep now, I sure as heck won't sleep tonight. And I need sleep.


you know what? I go back to school in eight days. Yikes! I'm beyond excited. A little nervous too, because eating is going to be an adventure this semester. I have to plan on eating from my room more than in the cafeteria; otherwise, I'll be eating salad and more salad. And I am no rabbit.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/85005511693189807/

I finished the first season of Gravity Falls yesterday. RIP social life. And don't ask me how  many seasons of House I've watched. It's getting beyond ridiculous. At least school will mean I can cut back on the amount of television I watch.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/544724517402612459/

Plus, I get to see my friends, so yay!!! I even get to see my best friend this week, and he's been gone all summer. Very excited to see everyone.

Okay, about the health situation. Ladies and gentlemen, dairy free is working. It's beyond working. I still feel like breaking down and crying because of how "normal" I feel. I'm tired, and I am by no means at the level of the average person, but I went 3 and a half days without taking my drugs. The only reason I broke that streak was because I felt well enough to mow. The mowing shook up my bones and made everything all tingly and painful again, so I caved and took my meds. Yesterday and today, no drugs. I'm beyond happy that this is working. Just a month ago, I remember sobbing because I was terrified I was never going to get better. Now, I'm not 100% better, but I'm okay. I am contained. I am to the point where I am no longer just surviving. I can live a little.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/544724517402612459/

Writing-wise...I've been working on my merman story. Ignoring the great ones even though I really want to start ripping apart. I did a guest post on Skylar's blog, which you should go check out, and I have to say: I really exercised the sarcasm muscle on this one. Sometimes my sass level surprises me...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/505177283179804965/

I haven't read much this week. Wish I had. I would've, but my library had a sudden epidemic of the fleas and I didn't want to deal with that. Not after the bedbugs. *shivers* But I am in the middle of a fantasy book called Shadowfell that reminds me of Seeker. I also have a book that I am VERY excited to read. Crazy, by Linda Vigen Phillips is about a girl in the 1960s who has a mentally ill mother. The story is written in a poetic style, and the more I read, the more I love this story. I might do a review of these two later on this week.

By the way, I'm planning on having more of a schedule this semester. I'll probably blog on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, but we'll see. It all depends on how busy I am. I think I can do it, though. Don't have to deal with school AND brain fog. Thank goodness.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/545920786057819708/

How was your week? Did you do anything fun or boring? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Im SO happy you're feeling better! Yay! Im also excited you started watching House. Its amazinggggg. I have like, a season and a half left....its bittersweet.
    But I was in Memphis all last week and it was incredible. so this week shall be spent trying to shake the "I want to be back in Memphis" blues, and prepping for college :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. man...I'm in the middle of season 4 and I'm really missing Chase and Cameron. I know they're still around, but the new team just hasn't grown on me yet. I have a feeling it'll take a few weeks for that to happen. :P

      Delete
  2. I'm so so glad you're feeling better! "The LORD said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."

    I'll be back at school a week today, UGH ... good luck with starting back! Also I love that Rilke. Have you read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater? (The second one is lying next to me right now.) It constantly references Rilke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I loved those books! (I'm not usually a huge fan of paranormal romance but hey it's Maggie Stiefvater and anything she writes is worth it.) I loved how poetic Rilke was...I might end up reading some of his work because of how beautiful it is. :)

      Delete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.