Sunday, September 6, 2015

because I miss my babies

no recap this week because I'm 89% sure that I would spend all recap moaning about 8 o'clock classes and sinus infections and homework yo.

but I'm not going to give into that urge.

instead I'm going to talk about my lovely babies from the great ones because reasons.


I really miss Matt. I miss everybody. I think I'm going to sit down and read the whole thing tonight and of course get really emotional but it's all good, you know? I'm ready to get back in the mode of writing (especially I get my laptop back and ahead on my homework). I miss my crazies. I miss pouring out my emotions and writing through the things that I dealt with over the past few years. I miss it all.

and that's why Colt is the subject of this Beautiful People.


And I also want to post absurd amounts of Dylan O'brien. Be still my beating heart.



1. They’re in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now? 
Colt would most likely be in trouble because he ate too many bacon-maple donuts and then didn't have enough cash to pay; he'd either want to see Jon, who is gullible enough to bail him out, or his mom, just because he's a huge mama's boy.



2. Are they easy to get along with?

oh yes. oh my yes. unless you hate slightly lame puns, awkward haircuts, and freckles. he's as friendly as a golden retriever and almost as stupid, with just enough sass to keep my precious little snowflake alive and tripping in this emo world. 


3. Who was the last person they had a deep conversation with?

probably Matthew. or his mom. Mainly because those two people are the only one's he really feels comfortable having those conversations with. You see, because of his image as a silly kid, he's afraid people won't take his thoughts seriously. Matt and his mom always listen to him.
 
 

4. They’re in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?

like a dog in a park filled with other less friendly dogs. seriously. If Colt were an animal, he'd be a dog. If he was a wizard, his Animagus would be a dog. If he had a pet, it would be a dog. Colt loves people, unless he's with Matt, and then he loves people slightly less. Because he loves Matt more than he loves socializing. 


5. Do they believe in luck or miracles?

I think Colt would joke about being lucky, but in reality he doesn't really have an opinion. 



6. Do they like and get along with their neighbours?

back to the dog thing. Imagine the dog from Up. With cookies. Running around the neighbourhood panting "I have just met you, and I love you!"  that's basically Colt and his neighbours in a nutshell. And surprisingly they don't hate him. I think he lives on a street with a bunch of elderly people who think he's just a precious cinnamon bun and they love him to pieces.


7. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?

Colt's not big on travelling, which is funny because he's the one who suggested he and Matt get away in the first place. He's a big home body, so he's content to stay in suburbia and visit the comic book store twice and week and get slushies after. that's his life and he likes it.


8. How do they feel about their body?

oh I love this question. As we all know, I love and adore Colt in everything that he is--from the painfully short hair to the awkward height to his strange voice--but for a while, he was very self-concious. That's part of why he's so silly. He plays up his strange features so they aren't as easy used against him. Now that he's older he doesn't care as much, but there are still days when he wishes he were shorter, or that he didn't have Darth Vader living in his voice-box.
still. he pulls off his confidence act pretty well.
 
 

9. What is the cruelest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react? 

"you don't miss him like I do. you don't even dare."
I'm pretty sure he just walks away from Matt.
and then cries with dry eyes for weeks.
because Colt can't cry.
not ever.


10. What’s the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?

{I squeezed Colt tightly. “Hey,” I whispered in his ear. “I’m going to get better. I promise. I’m going to try.”

He didn’t say a word, but a ragged sob ripped through him, and he returned the hug with shaking arms.}

dude. the feels. they are so real right now.
I kinda want to wrap all my lovelies in a big hug and tell them the world isn't as bad as it could be and that they are all so very precious to me.


yeah. I need to start writing again. Like, pronto.
have a little snippet thing to start the week out!

Like someone had amputated my arm while I slept, I woke up from my strange world I’d created for myself with a piece of me missing. Something deep within me felt hollow and empty, but I also felt wholly awake for the first time in months. I looked at Sam and saw more than just her eyes. I saw her fiery red hair that was turning dark brown at the roots and the freckles sprinkling her nose. I saw Linds as a kid and not someone who had it together in ways I never would. She had the palest face, and her freckles were like sprinkles of cinnamon on the white icing of a cinnamon roll.
And I was hungry.
I was ravenous for the first time in months.
I wanted to eat Linds up, I was so hungry.
And my body just felt…alive.

6 comments:

  1. OMMMMMGGG I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS POST AND COLT (And also Dylan O'Brien but shuush whatever) and gah, his adorable puppiness is just totally endearing. :') And that quote. OMG. Your writing is so beautiful and visual. *hyperventilates*
    Thanks for joining in the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessss Dylan O'Brien... :D thank you for the compliment! I have a hard time thinking that my writing is visual because I see all the crappy stuff...but stuff like that keeps me going. So thank you. A lot. And thank you so much for hosting Beautiful People! I've learned so much about my characters just through that! :)

      Delete
  2. Love him, honestly just imagining him running around being friendly makes me happy. Seems like the more sensitive sort, really like that. All those gifs of Dylan O'Brien made me smile, and made me really want to catch up on Teen Wolf. The snippet was awesome, more please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I could make you smile with my little baby (And yes, I mean both Dylan and Colt...I have a Dylan O'Brien problem...but who doesn't???) you definitely should catch up on TW. I need to finish season 5...it's blown my mind so far. And hopefully there will be more snippets in the coming future as I get back to writing! :)

      Delete
  3. Aw. ^ ^ Colt seems so cute. I love this puppy-like personality. Dylan O'Brien is just awesome too. ^ ^ I love him in the most in the Maze Runner. He seriously is Thomas.

    I did BP too. ^ ^: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2015/09/beautiful-people-13-caleb.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhh this is perfect! I love Colt, he is totally the type of character that I would fangirl over :D He just seems so happy and goofy in an adorable way!

    Also, you're writing is superb. So very visual and it really pulled me in. I'd love to hear more about it! Beautiful People is a wonderful thing. I love meeting other writers and getting to read their work. If you're little snippets here are any indication (snippets usually are), then I will be on the lookout for your book one day :)

    Also, I see that you are studying counseling. *Highfives* I'm going to school for nursing, but I almost went for counseling. It will always be one of my top loves.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.