Tuesday, May 24, 2016

beautiful people : matthew and milo

wow...this is late.

whoops.

to my credit, I have been busy with little things like finals, strep throat, and graduation season, but still--that's NO excuse! this post must happen!!


*pulls on thinking cap* let's do this.

this month, I will be using Matt (good ol' Matt--he's been a beautiful person quite a bit, but that happens when you're the main character of the novel of my heart) and a new character from my secret fantasy for fun project that you guys know little nothing about. his name is Milo, and honestly, he's a giant piece of trash. 


this is Milo in a nutshell. about Bryony, who you'll meet later.

here we go!!




Matt


How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
ho boy. Matt doesn't smile much, and when he does, it's usually sarcastic or directed to the floor. and he never smiles at strangers. he can barely look strangers in the eye. 



What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
the cruelest thing he was ever told was that he was the reason for his brother's death. he didn't react, because he believes it's true. 


What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
Riley once told him that he was a good person to be around. he was confused and uncomfortably sweaty. also a little proud. 

world's most awkward anti-date. ever. 

What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
I've done a lil snippet of this before, so here's a link: free-falling


What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?
I really think Matt needs to read either Challenger Deep or The Man Who Was Thursday. Challenger Deep because it outlines mental illness and how it derails you so perfectly, and The Man Who Was Thursday because it suits his brain. Matt is so analytical and curious when his mind isn't crowded by grief and pain, and I think both of these books would touch his brain and his heart in a good way.


Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?
...spoilers...


Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
nah. not lately, at least. they watch him too closely when he leaves the house and their hugs are too long and too tight. 


On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?
eheheheheh I'd said a 7 on a bad day; a 4 on a really, really good day. 


If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
home.


Who was the last person they held hands with?
as of today's writing...Shiloh. I love their sibling relationship. nothing like a brother and a sister who have each other's backs. 


Milo

How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
depends on the stranger. if a pretty lady walks by, by all means. if it's a thug or one of his new blades, no.



What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
"You're not part of us. You'll flee like the rest."
His jaw clenched. "My mother is buried in this village, Bryony."
"The prostitute you left to die, just so you could have an easy, safe life. Away from her. Away from us."
He simmered in silence.



What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
Bryony's mother tells him he hasn't changed much since he was a little boy--even if his circumstances have. and he has a genuine moment of serious affection for someone besides himself--or Bryony. 



What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
the day his mother died. that was the day that it all began to change. 



What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?
oh boy. ummm...Milo doesn't strike me as the reading type. but maybe Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns), by Mindy Kaling. *snorts* not really. the title is just really, really applicable.



Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?
Umm one time Bryony impaled him with her spear between his ribs. there was a lot of blood. he just kind of stared at Bryony and Hade, who stared back at him, and then he puked.



Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
since his neighbours lowkey hate him, I'd say no. 



On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?
Milo's an even 5. Bryony would say 10/10, all day, every day. 



If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
despite being a princeling, Milo never really had any allusions of grandeur. he's content to stay where he's at, and he'll do anything to stay with what he knows. 



Who was the last person they held hands with?
pssssh hold hands? who does that? (Bryony. but under duress. I mean, the girl was passing out from hunger. a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.)


so yeah. there is my precious child who needs a little (or a lot) of love and my despicable but lovable piece of trash. you can be expecting a snippety post soon--as well as a kdrama review or two. and maybe a food post, if I get my act together. and don't get sick. or drown in school work, since I go back next week. maybe I'll just forgo blogging and writing and any form of productivity and binge watch the Mindy Project.

see y'all soon!
byeeeee 

6 comments:

  1. Matt my precious child. I need to hug him.
    And freaking Milo. I love him. I dont know his story but he seems like just my kind of garbage. I love it.
    you're really good at writing characters people can fall in love with. (even if they're high key terrible people.) I really admire that about your writing. you give the reader a reason to care. thats pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs Matt for you*
      The hilarious thing about you liking Milo already is that when I was forming his face in my head, I pictured a combination of Adam Driver and Ezra Miller...and then promptly thought, "Oh, Faith's gonna like him." XD
      thank you! it means a lot, because sometimes I look at my babies and wonder if anyone will give them the love they need/deserve. it makes me so happy that people do love them like I do. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh that sounds like a very beautiful man. yIKES. I cant wait to read more with him! Especially now that I know he's Adam and Ezra combined. oh man. thats so perfect.

      Delete
  2. I love Matt and Milo seems pretty adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw they sound so sad and sweet. I'm also getting over being sick so I'm with you there. Get well!

    My BP: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2016/05/beautiful-people-17-faol.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. MATT MY CHILD! I love him long time. (Did you know I have a Matthew of my own? He is also very cute, though different to Mr North here.) "he was confused and uncomfortably sweaty." ahahahah OTP! Also I love all the Pinterest ness, as usual. I adore that Don't Touch Me illustration <3

    Which book is Milo from?

    ReplyDelete

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.