for all of the things I'm not

some days, I'm just really thankful for my friends.

I'm thankful that they appreciate my sarcasm.

I'm thankful that they listen to me.

I'm thankful that they tell me that I'm being an idiot and I should shut up.

I'm thankful that they bear with my eccentricities.

I'm thankful for the days when they understand that it's not that I don't want to talk, it's that I just can't.

I'm thankful that they will freak out with me--both over things that they like and don't like.

I'm thankful that they'll burst into song right along with me.

I'm thankful that they'll hug me when I need it, even when I won't admit that that's what I crave.

I'm thankful for the stupidest inside jokes.

I'm thankful for the hours of laughter, tears, and meaningful conversations that they've given me over the years.

I'm thankful for the littlest things that they do for me.

even if I can't say these things with my voice, I'm thinking it in my heart. And I wish they knew how much I am thankful for the very fact that they exist in my life.


I'm just really thankful.


Comments

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts