time


so apparently it's Friday already. I somehow was not aware of that fact. Dunno how that happened.

Maybe it's partially because this week has been one confusing mix of relaxation and whirlwind. I've done so much these past few days, and yet I've also done so little. I haven't done a licks worth of algebra, but I've read almost half of A Tale of Two Cities, poured over it looking for themes, and dissected the main characters and their minds. I've spent time basking in this glorious sunshine that's blessing my state right now (HALLELUJIAH!!!!), but I've also spent way too much time inside hunched over a book. So yeah, it hasn't nescessarily been a bad week, it's just been a bit...weird, I guess you could say.

I've had time to read. Lots of reading. Obviously, A Tale of Two Cities is part of that (oh school, how I do love thee), but I also read Death Note, Ranger's Apprentice, and a Christian chick-lit book (yes, I do read that kind of book every once in a while. Sue me.) And I know that the Fault in Our Stars is waiting for me next time I stop by the library.


I had the time to go see two movies--two of them, I tell you! I haven't been to see a movie in months, and then I went and saw the LEGO movie and Mr. Peabody and Sherman right after each other, practically (both were equally cute movies, actually). And tomorrow *cues dramatic theme music* I get to see Divergent--I haven't been this excited for a movie in a loooooooong time.


I've had time to go outside. I wish I was healthy right now, because it's the perfect weather for basketball, long walks, and bike rides. Unfortunately,  my sinus infection says otherwise, so I'm content to sit under my tree with my book and quiz cards and just soak in all that Vitamin D that I've been missing throughout this long winter.


I've had time to listen to amazing music. I rediscovered my Grooveshark account; I'd forgotten all about the songs I had saved to listen to there. Currently, my absolute favorite songs for my week are Sail by AWOLNATION, Crooked by GDragon, and Tell Me by He Is We.




I've had time to start watch some TV. Reply 1997, Doctor Who, and Elementary have kept me company this week. I started rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and it's making me nostalgic for the anime world. I almost sat down and watched the first episode of Bleach last night, but then I remembered just how many episodes that show has... yeah. Watching Bleach is kind of like making a long-term commitment, now that I think about it. 300 episodes is something to do over the summer, not when you're super-busy with quizzing and school and life and such. Instead, I'll settle for some Eden of the East, or perhaps Toradora. Haven't decided which yet.


And finally, I've had time to breathe. It doesn't seem like much, but just being able to sit and think has been nice. Being sick stinks, but at least it gives me the time to chill, for just a little bit. Hopefully, I'll be back on my feet soon, being my busy little self again, but for now, I'm glad that I have time to breathe again.


Anyway, I'm sorry if this was boring or made no sense. But I'm just happy that  I've had time to do these things. Because that hasn't happened in a long time, and I want to take in every minute of it. I'm never taking having time to do the simple things for granted ever again. It's just not going to happen.

nope. not ever again.
What have you had time to do this week?

hope you all have had a fantastic week, and that your weekend is just as awesome. I know mine is going to be!

Comments

  1. Like you said, your week sounds very interesting! :D I loved reading about it -- and I'll be praying that you feel better ASAP so you can really enjoy the spring weather!! :)

    My week was good. Fairly chill. (And I didn't do a lick of Algebra either bahaha XD) The weather has been kinda icky where I live lately though... I just want it to be warm and sunny -- is that too much to ask, weather? ;D

    -AnElvenPrincess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts