we'll sing a chorus

it's been a pretty good day.

I got a book I've been waiting for almost 3 months today.

I caught myself humming Forest by twenty one pilots multiple times today.

A little girl told me how much I meant to her and that she was glad I was in her life today.

A bigger girl made me cry from laughing because of her apt use of Toby Mac's Me Without You.

I got to have a house to myself.

The amount of gluten-free deliciousness I've gotten to eat over the past few days has been substantially awesome.

I may watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Reply 1997 later tonight.

so yeah.

I'm happy.

but those aren't the reason why I'm happy.

the reason why I'm happy right now is because last night, I got spend a night as an ordinary teenager, in a building filled with people of all sorts, listening to some of the best music I have ever heard in my life.

Yes, that is right. Last night, I went and saw twenty one pilots.

And it was just as good the second time around.


I can't express to you in accurate words how amazing the show was. It was very different from the time we saw them in Kansas City, but it was a good kind of different. There was less jumping around on the stage and speakers (mostly because the stage wasn't that big), but the same bizarre, happy, beautiful energy was there.

They played all of Vessel except for Truce, and a few songs from their earlier albums (including Forest...hence my humming it all day). The light show was incredible. Every time Tyler asked us if they were doing okay and we screamed "YES!!" back, he smiled this adorable happy puppy smile, and that was amazing. Tyler's piano was just as awesome as it was the first time. Josh's drums were amazing. The crowd surfing/drumming was...

I need a thesaurus.


Like I said, I can't sum up last night and do it justice. I had an amazing time. I got to hang out with my father, my brother and his wife, and one of my close friends. I got to sing at the top of my lungs, not caring who heard my out of tune voice (isn't that the best part of concerts? No one can hear you, and no one cares.) I got to rekindle my love for an incomparable pair of musicians.

And most importantly, I just got to be normal for a night.


Life has not been easy these past few months. These past few years, honestly. I worry about a lot of things, especially at night, because I have nothing better to do. With graduation, Nationals, and my upcoming and surprising blank future approaching, I've been a bit stressed out lately. But going to see Tyler Joseph and Josh Dunn--just for one night at least, I didn't think about anything but how happy I was to be sitting in that crowded venue. I was so happy I thought I might burst.

I'm still that happy.

I'll probably be that happy for a few days more.

And I'm going to hold onto that happiness for as long as I can.

Yeah. Definitely going to fangirling over this concert for a few weeks...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. *facepalm* knew I shoulda looked that up...wasn't 100% sure. :P

      Delete
  2. Also my phone background is the coolest thing now (Tyler crowd surfing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgggggggg TOP!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly jealous of the fact you saw them. I have a private concert with them once, but never with the whole Clique. Like....oh my gosh. I cant see them live this year because Im already going to Warped Tour; which is something I never thought I would do. Im blessed enough to be able to go to that. I'll miss seeing TOP. but Im trying to learn to secret of being content.

    Anyhow, IM SO HAPPY YOU MET THEM!!! THAT'S AWESOME!
    And I love Forest<3<3<3
    That third verse tho>>>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3rd verse is in my top 5 verses of TOP, it's next to the "noose around your mind..." from Holding on to You and "there's faith and then there's sleep, we need to pick..." from car radio.

      Delete
    2. Someday...someday...

      I can never express to you how thankful I am that you introduced me to them... <3 <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts