{The Amazing Harry Osborn: a Review of Sorts}

So yesterday I went to see The Amazing Spiderman with some friends. It was a good time, but the

movie was a little less than par for the course. Spider-Man is my favourite superhero (there's just something about having the skills of a spider...and his sarcasm skills too...), but the movie still fell a little short. Not enough that I regretted spending 6 bucks on it, but enough that I don't think I'll probably ever watch it again. Why? Here are my reasons.

The Relationship Drama
Gwen and Peter are not one of my favourite couples. As my cousin so aptly put it last night, Gwen looks too pretty and acts a little like an airhead, so her IQ is a little hard to accept. She's a very static character, and she doesn't do much for Peter. Altogether, there was too much push-and-pull, "Oh, I love you, and that's why I'm breaking up with you," sickening drama in the movie. I felt like they could've used Peters trauma in Captain Stacy's death MUCH better than they did. And in the end...well, I won't spoil anything, but I wasn't upset with what happened.

wuuuuuuuuuuut...

Too Many Villains
"My name is...ELECTRO."

yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh....


it's not that I didn't like the villains in this movie, it just felt like they were underdeveloped/thrown in randomly. Three villains made an appearance, and the last two showed up within the last half hour of the movie. I really hope the next movie has more of the Green Goblin in it because of reasons. And I hope the villains have better names next time. "The Rhino" just doesn't strike fear in my heart, sorry.

Lack of sarcasm.
Come on, Spidey, where'd your snark go? It may have just been me, but Spider-man AND Peter Parker both has a few less wise-cracks to make this time around. I don't know if that was on purpose because of Ben and Captain Stacy's deaths in the first movie, but I still missed it. There were several good moments when the whole theatre guffawed, but sometimes the snarkiness fell short, and that was rather unfortunate.

So what did I like about this movie?

Ummmmmmm....

dis guy. Dis guy here.


I'm sorry. I like villains too much.

I also enjoyed the soundtrack, though not as much as the first movie. Honestly, the part when Max starts thinking of Spider-Man as his enemy was TOO overpowering. And the music part at the energy grid...well, let's just say I facepalmed because of the randomosity.

Overall, it was an okay movie. Not one I'd recommend people not to watch, but also not one I'd rant over and tell people they have to see it. Just kind of "meh."

Except for Harry. Harry was kind of awesome.

Amazing, in fact.


Comments

Popular Posts