twice a Liebster

Well.

I say that word way too much.

Along with the word just. That was definitely one of the things that made me like Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl a little more, that Cath hated how much she used just, just like I do (and yes, I did do that on purpose.)

But back to my above statement.

Well.

It's time for another Liebster Award, thanks to the lovely Jessy! Thanks for the nomination, dearie! ;)


the rules, precious...

thank and link back to the one who tagged you

list 11 facts about yourself

answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you

nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers (no tag-backsies)

ask them 11 questions

let them know you nominated them
eleven facts about me, myself, and i
1. apparently I look somewhat like Holland Roden. O.O



2. I hate talking on the the phone, but this blogpost just got disrupted by a 37 minute phone call between me and my cousin/best friend.

3. I think bananas are evil and are plotting to overtake the world in 2015.

4. my favourite song would have to be this little guy right here:


5. I'm reading the Maze Runner right now, and really can't wait for the movie.

6. Continuing with the movie theme, I'm going to see the Giver on Saturday. And it's gonna be awesome.


7. I have little owls that help me outline my writing. True story, bro.


8. My room is halfway between an oriental themed room and a nerdy one. I have tons of stuff from China and Japan...but I also have several superhero posters...

9. When I was little, my biggest talent was chewing on my toes. For real.

10. I have no wisdom left.

11. and I am in love with this girl's voice.



jessy's questions

#1

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where is the first place you'd go? Why?
Probably Seoul, South Korea, or London. Or New Zealand. Or Colorado. I have too many favourites.

#2
If you could travel anywhere in any universe (fictional or otherwise), what specific place would you visit first? Why?
Because I'm an old soul, I'm going to say Middle Earth right off the bat. Home away from home. *Concerning Hobbits theme plays in distance*

#3
Do you have a favorite Bible story/character/verse? Who/what is it?
Bible Story--the stories of Elisha and Elijah
Bible Character--Peter
Bible verse--Exodus 4:10-12

#4
Would you ever consider eating octopus ink pasta with squid?
maybe...it would depend if it was gluten free or not. ;) I'd like to try squid someday, tho.

#5
Have you read The Book Thief? What is your opinion on it? Favorite quote/scene?
(You may mention the movie if you've seen it, but try to keep the movie spoilers to a minimum.)
*
sighs* this is one book that I'm really really really wanting to read, but I always seem to forget to find it at the library. Shame on me.

#6
If you suddenly found yourself in a do-or-die situation, what would it be?
What single item would you want to have with you?
...I must be tired, but this question doesn't make much sense to me. If I had to choose what do or die situation I wanted...I'd choose none at all, probably. Or maybe I'm just confused and you mean something else...

#7
Quotes are lovely things. I've got an entire blog devoted to them.
Post a favorite or three [for me to use].
(if I use any, I'll link to your post as the source and tell you when it publishes)

"Well," she said, "I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When people ask your age, he said, always say seventeen and insane. Isn't this a nice time of night to walk? I like to smell things and look at things, and sometimes stay up all night, walking, and watch the sun rise." Ray Bradbury
"You know what's wrong with you, Ms. Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." Breakfast at Tiffany's.



#8
What is your favorite type of blog post to read?
{Beautiful People, Stacking the Shelves, ramblings, [original] writings,
character posts...}

I like ramblings and original writings, honestly. And just funniness in general. And serious, thought provoking stuff. I'm diverse.

And for some odd reason when I wrote that, I wanted to stand up and proclaim to my empty room "I'm Diversent." *facepalm*

#9
What's the first thing you do in the morning, after you attempt to wake up and actually get out of bed?
Usually, it's either take a shower or watch a little bit of a Korean TV show. I know, I know, don't judge me, but watching that instead of an English show isn't the same. It's like having to follow the subs quickly and my mind adjusting to the cadence of the other language wakes me up. Weird.

#10
What is the worst book you've ever read?
How Green was My Valley,  by Richard Llewllyn. I read it for school. And it wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't a great book. Everything that could possibly go wrong in it did.

#11
Can you swim? Ocean, lake, creek, or pool?
yup, I can swim, tho little fish I am not. I like lakes better than oceans, and creeks better than pools.

my eleven(ish) nominees
Emily @ Emily Etc.
Amber @ Amber on the Mountain
Bekah Joan @ Found and Cherished
Lauricia @ Captivated
Faith @ Princess Faith
K-minty @ Kismint
Courtney @ Geek Meets World


my eleven questions

1. do you think owls are over-rated or do you think they're cute?
2. Sunflowers or roses?
3. Do you wear your watch on your right wrist or your left?
4. Do you make friends easier with guys or girls?
5. Do you like watching movies at the theatre or at home on your couch better?
6. Middle name?
7. Are you a fan of impromptu dance parties?
8. What color are your bedsheets? (I'm running out of ideas here...)
9. pen or pencil?
10. favourite band/artist?
11. Which do you like better--Snoopy or Linus from Charlie Brown?


well...

I did it again.

That was fun. And I'm apparently twice a Liebster. And I still need to look up whatever the heck that actually means...

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend, guys! I look forward to seeing your answers!

Comments

  1. Hehe. I love these blog awards. I love reading the random facts. And, yes, you really do look like Holland Roden. O.O And that movie, The Giver, looks really interesting... I've heard it's based on a book (as usual haha).. Have you read it? Would you recommend it? :)
    OH, and one last thing - I love your new blog header! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Love the new look! So bright & lovely. (and your face is up there....I mean, HELLLO GORGEOUS!
    2. I really like knowing all these random tidbits about you :)
    3. I don't do these thingy's, but I am soooo honoured you've nominated me. So thank you, because it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside :) <3 Not like I couldn't just answer all those questions right now.....

    Happy weekend to you, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm quite interested in The Giver. I've been working my way towards reading the books, but now the movie's coming out and it looks awesome, too.

    Those owls are cute! And that's quite the theme combination, oriental & superheroes... very cool, I think!

    I do believe you're the first person to answer my octopus/pasta/squid question with anything more than a definite No way! (on the Liebster, anyway).

    The do-or-die question was pretty much just a chance for someone to make up a situation in which they must "do-or-die" and choose one item to have with them. Like, you could be hanging on the the edge of a cliff about to fall off and want your one item to be a glider. Or you could be in the deep end of the pool and not know how to swim, and the one item might be a flotation device. Or you could be facing off with a tiger or lion and want the one item to be a gun or maybe a tree to climb. Something like that.

    hahaha "Diversent" made me laugh.

    That was a lot of fun. I'm so glad you answered the questions. I love reading about the people I follow, it's so interesting to get to know them a bit, you know? <3

    || the writeress || barefoot in the snow ||

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! :) Loving those verses from Exodus ... it's kind of like the Great Commission, isn't it?

    HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY ADSLFKASLDFKJASLD;FK Aasldfkjasld;kjf HOW COULD YOU NOT WHAT BUT WHAT I DON'T I CAN'T MY FAVOURITE BOOK HOW COULD YOU NOT I CAN'T WHAT--

    *ahem*

    Excuse me.

    What I'm trying to say, how could you not like How Green Was My Valley?? ~gasp~

    But each to their own, I guess .....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts