"as perfect as this motley crew can get."

I finished outlining the great ones and the general this morning.

I am a little bit sad.

blood and tears and late night smiles and all that
yeah, I know writing "the end" on your outline is a little bit different than writing it on the end of your final draft (actually, a lot different), but it's still the end of a long road. the great ones and the general has been with me for over three years now, and it's only recently that I've actually considered the journey coming to a kind of close.  Of course, Matt and Sam and Colt and I have a looooooooong way to go, but the fact that I know how it's going to finish, how my babies are going to end is a very scary fact to me.

Also, the fact that I know and you all don't make me chuckle everyday. Sometimes I forget how much you all really don't know. And then I want to give away more spoilers than is healthy. Which is why I had to tell the whole plot of my sister the other day. Which, I am proud to say, blew her mind. "I UNDERSTAND SO MUCH NOW!!!" she said while simultaneously punching me and crying a little.

Yeah. You all might hate me towards the end.

is it bad that I relish being hated because my writing inflicts feels?

Sorry.

And I really can't say any more. Except this song gave me a lot more feels than it should have, because of the great ones. Try to figure out why.


But I am going to share some spoilers with you all today--just not important ones. I'm proud of myself for finishing my preliminary outline (something I hate to do) instead of watching anime like the lazy and sick person that I am. Therefore, I get a reward, and so do you all. For being awesome bloglings, I guess.

So were you ever curious why my book is called what it is? It's kind of a funny name--actually, now that I think about it, it is a really strange name, and it doesn't make much sense. I think it got its name sometime in August last year, because that was when I memorized Revelation. And thus discovered chapter 6 verse 15: "Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains."

For some reason, it stuck with me. I had "the great ones and the generals" playing on repeat in my head, and the phrase "and everyone, slave and free, hide themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains" just wouldn't leave me. I knew this passage is talking about the end of the world and the final Judgement...but somehow, it attached itself to my story and wouldn't let go. And then it hit me. In a nutshell, pretty much everyone in my story is hiding something, whether they realize it or not. They all have secrets, and they'll go to any length to keep them that way. So I kept it in my pocket, then decided to use it in my baby's name. And I'm happy with it. It doesn't make much sense on the surface, but it's cool to me. And I also love the mental image of Sam being the boys' general and bossing them around. Yeah. That's pretty awesome.


So that's one spoiler. Another would be the fact that Sam's name really isn't Sam. It's Summer. You can call me conceited for naming a character after myself, but Sammy's name is part of her charm. She's definitely a hardened and brash Sam, a sassy and bright Sammy, but she's also a gentle and easily destroyed Summer. Seeing the thunderstorms that turned her from Summer to Sammy to Sam is an interesting journey...one I can't wait to take you all on.

What else do I have up my sleeve? This is actually harder than I thought it would be, because I keep thinking of things to say...but then I realize they're too important to put out yet. *grumbles* If you followed my old blog, you already know this, but Matt existed before the great ones  ever came into my imagination. Actually, the great ones came into existence because of Matt. I was searching for the right story to put him in, and I finally found it. Here are some snippets from one of his previous existences.

"My name: Full? Matthew Jonathan North. Short? Matt, Matty, or just plain 'You.' Sometimes I get called 'Creep' or 'Zombie.' And other names I probably shouldn't repeat."

"My therapist makes me go find my inner quiet place. Makes me try and write expressive poetry. She's a nut case. I'm normal, compared to her. She gave me some inspirational music to listen to while I'm lying flat on my back in my colorless cell of a room. By the way, you really should  change the color scheme in there. Drab gray against robin eggs blue really clashes. And the bathroom carpet is a disgusting mauve pink. I'm not even sure mauve is a word. It sounds like an old lady."

"Sometimes, I wish I were a dog or a cat. Then I would actually merit the amount of attention I get.
Strike that...
I've seen people kissing their dogs. Not cool."

"I don't get God at all. I think he must have had a sense of humor. After all, the dude made the platypus. He had to be laughing when he made those. I wonder: was he laughing when he made me? Or crying?"

"I wonder--am I dying? Sometimes, death sounds appealing. I mean, going to sleep and never waking up sounds peaceful. Would I go to heaven if I died? Or hell? Dad would know.
If I had to die, I would choose to die like Bri did. He didn't have any pain. He just sort of drifted away. But if I died in pain--I'd just want it to end. Pain is almost as bad as sitting in this chair--stationary. Sitting here is basically living death.
So I guess I'm dying after all.
Rotting away here in this pit."


me and Matty, I guess...

and yes, I did just get distracted by my old blog for an hour or so. Fifteen year old me had some freaking hilarious moments. Should I make that blog public? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Needless to say, my baby has always been  a mopey little guy with unfortunate problems. Tho until this incarnation, he's always had red hair and green eyes. I think I like now-version Matt best tho.

And last but not least...this song is perfect for the great ones. Not really a spoiler. But truth. And an excuse to slip in a twenty one pilots video.


I hope you all have a fantastic week! Can't wait to share with you about NaNo--*le gasp* that's in like eleven days! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

ttyl! <3

*title is from the great ones and the general, chapter 16.

Comments

  1. Wow, so this is a book you're writing? Are you planning on publishing it? I'd love to read it once you're done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts