take all the time you need

"get ready...get set...go!"

"are you ready for this???"

"tell me when you're ready."

we hear the word ready a lot in life. it's kind of a word that you gloss over and don't pay that much attention to, but right now, I'm in a stage of life where readiness is foremost in my life.


I'm ready for a lot of things. I'm ready to settle down. I'm ready to put my life into the action God's pulling me toward. I'm ready to grow up. I'm ready to do so much.


It took me a long time to get to this point. Some days I push away from this feeling--I'm honestly scared that being ready isn't going to work out. What if I say something, and it ends up destroying what I've looked at from afar and wanted deep down in my heart?


What if I'm not really ready?



That's where God comes in. I've given him so many of these things that I'm anxious about, and that has been a huge weight off my shoulders. I know he'll put it back in my life when I truly am ready. I guess I thought that when he decided to put that readiness within me that everything would just fall right into place and it would be perfection in a bottle.


unfortunately, that's not how my Father works. I mean, he does do that, and it's a beautiful blessing and miracle, but more often he makes you wait in your readiness.

he waits for the moment where everything is right, not just you.


and that's where readiness and patience go hand in hand.

You'd think patience was the thing you do before it's time for you to be ready. Nope. It's a continually growing task. You've got to keep up with it or you'll be grouchy and discontent because God's not working on your time-table.


And I guess that's my problem right now. I'm balancing readiness and patience, and the two things aren't exactly working together in unison.


This is a growing spell in my life, I guess. I'm learning a lot, and I'm making decisions according to what God wants, not what I feel is right. It's kinda frustrating, because I feel like he's speaking Swahili and I'm a boring American kid with maybe a backpack full of Hangul education...but I guess my job is to not walk away from God and find other instructions that I personally like, but to stick around. Keep on listening. Wait until I understand.


And then I can be more than ready.


Then I can go into action.

as always, life is a weird waiting game, but at least I understand that now.


{these two songs are part of what spoke into this blogpost. One's an old favourite, another is a new love. I hope you love them as much as I did.}


Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Find it here: http://waterandpen.blogspot.com/2015/09/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Her You Love Her is such a great song. I love it.

    And seriously Ely, I feel like God does this on purpose; makes you go through something right before I go through it; I'm always a step behind. I think He does that so I can learn from where you've already been. so thank you for being willing to share those steps with me. I really needed to hear that. Actually I think I need to read this over again, just for good measure.

    I love you to the moon and back my friend<3

    (also I freaking adore all those quotes wow.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so so so glad we can learn from each other. I thank God that you're my friend every time I pray. You're actually on my little list of people/things I'm thankful for.

      love you too!!!

      (i know right? I love scrolling through and finding exactly the right thing for my current mood it's amazing).

      Delete
  3. This really struck my heart, Ely. Thanks so much for sharing. I needed this right now. I too feel ready, but I feel like I still need to be patient for God's timing. I'm keeping some of these quotes. ^ ^

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my simple thoughts resonated with you. mission accomplished. :)

      Delete
  4. Great post, really need to give some things to God too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts