life in general 2.0

last time I did this, life kinda sucked. correction: life really sucked. but it's gotten better, just like it always does, so it's time for another update. Bear the randomosity with me, k?

my grandmother passed away. she actually passed away about a month ago, but I never had the right time or opportunity to say anything about it, and honestly, it wasn't much of a big deal for me. That sounds rather harsh, but it's the truth. When it happened, I was three hours away from home at camp. I didn't go to her funeral, her visitation, or her memorial celebration. Instead, I was surrounded with my wonderful Junior High girls, my fellow counselors, and the interns and staff. They took care of me and gave me lots of hugs and love and helped me get through those long days of worrying how my family was coping.

thank you for that.

my mom's eye? Nearly better. She still can't see out of that eye very well, but she's driving. She goes out into the sunshine. She's probably going to have to have a corneal transplant, but her eye isn't going to rupture any more. She doesn't have to have drops every half hour any more. She isn't on heavy pain meds. And those are all things to be thankful for.

guys, I might be going to college in January. A month ago, I had no plans to attend college this year. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, and I didn't want to step out on a limb. However, God opened my eyes to his call for me, and now I'm planning on going to college next semester. And I can't wait. I've had multiple interests in what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I've never felt a pull as strong as this one. It feels right.

on the other side of things, school...is interesting. Remembering to do my geometry is a struggle. My last English class begins this Thursday. I'm still trying to get back into the groove of doing school after my summer of not doing any. 


I'm reading so much more than I did last year. Eleanor and Park, The Maze Runner, Tallgrass, Code Name Verity, The Unlikely Debut of Ellie Sweet...all books I've read within the past month/am reading right now. That's more books than I read over last semester, probably. I just really am falling back in love with reading, guys. And it's amazing.

I'm driving. Holy cow am I driving. Today is the third day in a row that I drove, and not just on the piddly little country roads that I used to practice on. I've driven into or out of town, on bigger roads, dealing with heavier traffic and stoplights and other crazy stuff. And the fact that it's not scaring me as much is very scary, but in a good way. Like a scary growing up way.

so yeah. this is my life right now. and it could turn sucky any moment now. In fact, writing this post is probably jinxing it, and I should prepare myself for a string of hard times. but you know what? I don't care.
in yo face, life.

Life is good right now, and I'm gonna be happy about it.

Comments

  1. *hugs*

    Life is brighter, the sun is warmer, and maybe, just maybe, September will bring a little peace and blessing, eh?
    It is good to read these things.

    ~kminty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad for you that everything's starting to feel "right" now.

    I don't comment on your blog often (or maybe never would be more accurate) but I do keep up with you through your personal posts and you got this. I really am so happy for you <3

    Growing up can be extremely scary. I was homeschooled all through high school and just moved away to a college that's 2+ hours away from home. I understand. But I know if you keep going, keep going outside of your usual...you won't regret it. Which I know you already have found out because of the post ;) Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and, dude, so happy for you. :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

the best way to make me smile is to comment. or to send me a basket full of kittens and dark chocolate. whatever works for you.

Popular Posts